Liz Hurley talks about being punk!

The British actress, who is currently starring in the latest series of Gossip Girl as a cougar, admitted to becoming a punk in the eighties to ward off men.
Man repeller: Liz Hurley became a punk in her teens becuse she got too much male attention

The 46-year-old claims she became rebellious in order to fit in with her schoolmates, who made fun of her for her 'posh accent'.





Elizabeth Hurley arriving for the charity premiere of Four Weddings And A Funeral.



Spotlight moment: Liz, pictured in 1994, became more comfortable with the attention.


She told The Sun: 'I think what happened is that so many men took an interest, I wanted to make myself look as ghastly as possible.







 "I did not want them to whistle any more.

 



                                                ''That was part of my rebellion — and fitting in with the others."






                                                                 
She also recounts the highlight of her youth, spent in Basingstoke, was staying the night in a London train station.


She said: "We were terribly daring, having to miss the last train home so we could sleep at Waterloo station.


Elizabeth Hurley
"It was the most exciting thing in the world — I can't think why.

"I am sure I became quite horrid to live with."



                                                    but Liz eventually moved to the capital, where she put her punk days behind her to get work.



She said: "I moved to London and stayed in a hideous bedsit in Finsbury Park.



"I did not know it was a dodgy area at the time. Besides, I probably looked so frightening myself, no one came near me.




"  I finally realised I was not going to get work unless I took out my nose ring and dyed my hair black.



"I'm afraid the nose ring actually went through my nose, much to every make-up artist's fury in the first few years.




Liz is not the shy and retiring type any more - and her punk days are certainly behind her.


The mother-of-one, who divorced Aurn Nayar this year, is engaged to cricketer Shane Warne.

Comments

Popular Posts