Adele Quotes

1. I don't make music for eyes. I make music for ears.



2. I like looking nice, but I always put comfort over fashion. I don't find thin girls attractive; be happy and healthy. I've never had a problem with the way I look. I'd rather have lunch with my friends than go to a gym.

3. I like having my hair and face done, but I'm not going to lose weight because someone tells me to. I make music to be a musician not to be on the cover of Playboy.

4. I've never been more normal than I am now.

5. The focus on my appearance has really surprised me. I've always been a size 14 to 16, I don't care about clothes, I'd rather spend my money on cigarettes and booze.


6. It's never been an issue for me - I don't want to go on a diet, I don't want to eat a Caesar salad with no dressing, why would I do that? I ain't got time for this, just be happy and don't be stupid. If I've got a boyfriend and he loves my body then I'm not worried.

7. My voice went recently, never happened before, off like a tap. I had to sit in silence for nine days, chalkboard around my neck. Like an old-school mime. Like a kid in the naughty corner. Like a Victorian mute.

8. I love hearing my audience breathe.

9. People are starting to go on about my weight but I'm not going to change my size because they don't like the way I look.


10. Heartbreak can definitely give you a deeper sensibility for writing songs. I drew on a lot of heartbreak when I was writing my first album, I didn't mean to but I just did.



11. I don't really need to stand out, there's room for everyone. Although I haven't built a niche yet, I'm just writing love songs.

12. I get so nervous on stage I can't help but talk. I try. I try telling my brain: stop sending words to the mouth. But I get nervous and turn into my grandma. Behind the eyes it's pure fear. I find it difficult to believe I'm going to be able to deliver.

13. In five years' time I'd like to be a mum. I want to settle down and have a family, definitely sooner rather than later. I'd like to have finished my second album too, maybe even my third. I'd like a sound that sticks around that other people are inspired by and that people know is me.

14. Mum loves me being famous! She is so excited and proud, as she had me so young and couldn't support me, so I am living her dream, it's sweeter for both of us. It's her 40th birthday soon and I'm going to buy her 40 presents.


15. I'm like Johnny Cash. I only wear black.



16. I've got some news... I'm delighted to announce that Simon and I are expecting our first child together. I wanted you to hear the news direct from me, obviously we're over the moon.

17. I don't know why I'm scared. I've been here before every feeling every word i've imagined it all. You never know if you never try to forget your past and simply be mine.

18. I don’t have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like.

19. I puke quite a lot before going on stage, but never actually on stage.

20. I’ve always got on better with boys.


21. Boys love their mothers whereas girls can be so mean to each other.

22. Love seeing Katy Perry’s boobs and bum. Love it. But that’s not what music is about.

23. I s*it myself before everything.

24. I’ve seen people where it rules their lives, you know, who want to be thinner or have bigger boobs, and how it wears them down. And I just don’t want that in my life.

25. I like eating fine foods and drinking nice wine. Even if I had a really good figure, I don’t think I’d get my t**s and a** out for no one.


26. No matter what you look like, I think the key is to be happy with yourself. Exploiting yourself sexually is not a good look.




27. You can’t complain about your dressing room, or you’ll look like Celine Dion.

28. I don’t care if you’re black, white, short, tall, skinny, rich or poor. If you RESPECT me, I’ll respect you.

29. I love food and hate exercise. I don’t have time to work out… I don’t want to be on the cover of Playboy or Vogue. I want to be on the cover of Rolling Stone or Q. Im not a trend-setter… I’m a singer… I’d rather weigh a ton and make an amazing album then look like Nicole Richie and do a shit album. My aim in life is never to to be skinny.

30. Criticism is an attack upon your very self, the effects can be profound.


31. It broke my heart when I wrote this record, so the fact that people are taking it to their hearts is like the best way to recover. 'Cause I'm still not fully recovered. It's going to take me ten years to recover, I think, from the way I feel about my last relationship. It was the biggest deal in my entire life to date... He made me totally hungry... He was older, he was successful in his own right, whereas my boyfriends before were my age and not really doing much.

32. I had to bear the brunt of negative attitudes from authority figures, such as teachers, who led me to believe that success was unrealistic. So I chose to survive rather than live in a fantasy world. I'm not, and never have been, very academic - it was always music for me. I remember when I was 10, I nicked my mum's Lauryn Hill album and listened to it every day after school in my bedroom, sitting on my little sofa bed and hoping to God that one day I'd be a singer.


33. I think people think I'm like, sort of a manic-depressive. I think they think I'm very sombre and very moody and take myself very seriously, but I think that's just because of the kind of records I write. I'm no more depressed than any other 21 or 22 year-old girl when someone leaves them, you know?

34. The other day I was up north (Northern England) and there were these - well, I don’t think they were fans actually, they were like eBayers. I’d be at the venue, they’d be there. I’d leave the venue and they’d be there. Then they started taking pictures of my dog doing a s**t and stuff like that. It was really weird.


What do you think of Adele's quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts