Rachel Hunter Quotes

1. I love men. They are intelligent and sensitive, but there's also that hard-edged arrogant side, which is just so attractive.






2. I went out with this boy on the proviso that he didn't tell anybody we were together. The idiot didn't keep his mouth shut. I dumped him. I never went out with a boy from school again.

3. The fidelity question is difficult for me. Society has made us believe we're supposed to be monogamous when we're not killer whales, or whatever the monogamous species is.

4. Because I've been on the receiving end of infidelity, I know how much it hurts.


5. I'd like to open an animal orphanage in Kenya. I do a lot of work for Born Free.


6. I'm a dreadful romantic. No matter what I go through in life, I want to fall in love with a man.

7. I'm very girly. I love to talk about diets, exercise, kids, make-up.

8. Men act out like they're horrified by marriage, but when they find the woman of their dreams, they love it.

9. My dad was very fun and very adventurous, and from a formative age I learned to value men who would do things on a whim.


10. It was all about flying round the world, working hard, being on the cover of Vogue, making money. It wasn't fun. It was exhausting, but I was young and convinced I knew best.



11. Once I was chased by the king of all scorpions. I have the most notorious animal stories.

12. Sometimes I think I am still that 5-year-old girl playing with her dogs in the yard. That's how I see myself.

13. Rod has such a wicked sense of humor. I loved him very much.


14. There's a side of me that dislikes feminism. I think we surrendered something and women were unable to reveal any kind of vulnerability.





15. Look, anyone can look into a camera and be sexy. It's the more in-depth version of sexuality that builds as you get older.

16. You know the old saying: "I wish I knew what I had then."

17. My magazine covers are all down in the basement.

18. Teach your children everything that you're not, because they will pick up on everything that you are.


19. My mother told us about the birds and the bees, what goes on with your body, when we were about five or six. There were no boundaries.



20. When we were making the Fountains of Wayne video, I actually said: "What does that mean, MILF?" I definitely got a lot younger of an audience after that video.

21. Turbulence makes me nervous.

22. God and death kind of resemble each other, because the only time a lot of people will try and talk to God is when someone's died.


23. I was brought up on many different religions. We would go from Newborn Christian to Mormon to Buddhist - you name it, we did it. But The Lion King did it for me, when they said it's the circle of life. Put Lion King on and you're all set.


24. When I did Playboy, it was a time of feeling really good about myself, really comfortable in my own skin. I would not do it again.

25. Love is just chemistry.

26. A loudmouth, a show-off, is a total turnoff for me.

27. When I hear a Rod Stewart song now, it just kind of goes over the top of me. But I always get a smirk on my face. Yeah, for sure.

28. I stab the hell out of a steak. Really stab it with a fork to tenderize it. Then I put pepper and salt over the top of it, olive oil and a couple pieces of garlic, and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. Then I put it on a grill over the stove, on a really low heat.


29. Is what I'm doing the right thing to be doing? Or should I be doing something else?



30. I am a very open person, and I'm always nervous of being misconstrued. Sitting in the middle of a restaurant makes me nervous. I feel like I'm being judged. And it's funny that I should feel that way.

31. There's got to be something to reincarnation. I don't know what I used to be. A dog in a good house?

32. I am as vulnerable and fragile as it is possible to be. I am shredded to the core. I am at the point where I am stripped bare.

33. It kind of went from coming back into my apartment in New York and finding boxes of pictures of myself with Lucifer written all over them, and a guy who wanted to cut me up and eat me, to an Italian just recently who dreamt that I wanted to marry him.


34. It's always glamorous, definitely.

35. Blondes Have More Fun.

36. I'm stuck there with these 13 people I don't really want to be stuck with. I don't need more friends.

37. It was amazing to be a part of it. I mean, I sit around saying what can I do, what can I do? And it was great to be active and do something.

38. The way we are dancing in this show is the way you would only normally dance with your boyfriend or your husband. It's very sensual and sexual. You do get very close.


39. Honestly, some of the things that happen will absolutely shock people. It's very unlike what people think of Gilligan's Island...viewers will absolutely be entertained.

40. I like somebody that brings interesting things.

41. If there was another real one, it could be dangerous. People could be hurt. We have to act just like we would if this were real.

42. I'd definitely want to get married again. I'm very happy in my relationship and I love the idea of being married.


43. Adult gorillas being poached for their meat-baby gorillas stolen for the pet trade. I have just spent a week in West Africa seeing this for myself. I am horrified. I am desperate. But I am determined to do something about it and I'm in it for the long-haul. But I can't do it on my own.

44. An element of mystery is important, but I'm not a games - player by any means. I like things upfront.

45. Celibacy? Nine months. But once you start doing it again, it's all over.

46. Dad was always a big kid, but at what stage do men grow up?


47. I am horrified. I am desperate. But I am determined to do something about it. I'm But I can't do it on my own. Please help Born Free and help the gorillas.





48. I didn't come from a very wealthy family, but dad worked for the airlines, which meant he could get cheap flights.

49. I feel quite maternal towards these girls. I won't tolerate anyone with an eating disorder. But, boy, some of them have an attitude. Who on earth is bringing them up? There's no respect.

50. I had agreed to do an interview, but I had no idea that there were going to be cameras in there. I have children, and it was going to be on pay-per-view TV. I had no idea what he was potentially going to be doing.


51. I had my babies very young. I'd like to think I could offer something different as an older mum. I'd be calmer. Having had two kids already, I will be more relaxed about it.




52. I have stayed friends with everybody I've been with. That also goes for a few people who were more regrettable.

53. I know this is hard to believe, but I don't get any money from Rod. He gives me money for the kids.

54. I like doing music videos. I never thought about what the video might do for my acting career. I was really surprised about the attention it got.

55. I love men with a sense of adventure.


56. I never saw problems in anything. When Rod asked me to marry him I just thought: Why not? That's what I was like.





57. I play a cop. I kind of ended up being a bit of a bad cop in it, actually. A pretty crooked cop, pretty dysfunctional.

58. I rarely go out. I'm devoted to my kids and their well-being. That's why I don't agree with all these people who cart their kids off everywhere on set with them.

59. I realized I'd been hiding behind alcohol. I wasn't an alcoholic, but I was concerned enough to cut alcohol right out of my life.

60. I respect my kids, and I hope Howard Stern can respect that as well, because he has children. I guess he doesn't. He was really rude.


61. I used to go to a therapist three times a week and then go out and be wild. Essentially I lived out my teenage years in the space of about three years.





62. I was Mrs. Rod Stewart and mother of two, and when I got to 28, I wondered who I was.

63. I was really fortunate to have a great marriage to Rod. We totally, genuinely wanted to be with each other.

64. I will put up with a lot in a relationship, but once a man breaks my trust, I move on.

65. I worked very hard in my teens and then, at 21, I married Rod, and at 22 I had Renee.


66. I would get married again if it could be without all the lawyers and stuff.

67. I would love to come to the U.K. and do a West End show - something like Chicago or The Producers.

68. I'd like to sit on my veranda and watch the sun go down.

69. I'm a model and, as far as I know, Penny's not.

70. I'm not aggressive. I'll say: Have a good life, see you later. This is a pattern of behavior that started when I was 10.

71. I'm taking lessons to strengthen my voice so that I can cope with singing every night, like I would have to in a West End show.


72. If there's this handsome thing there and you start having sex, you're going to want more and more.






73. It wasn't Rod's fault. He was supportive, but if I hadn't left him I would never have got where I am today. It's taken a long time to say that.

74. It's great to be in my 30s and have control over my own life.

75. It's not my side that's giving false stories to the press.

76. It's one thing to say and do stupid things on the radio, but TV's different. You don't have the protection of the FCC. It's unknown territory.


77. It's weird, because all I said was, I'm there for your show, totally, but I just don't want cameras. I made it very clear I wasn't going to do that.

78. Let's just say that for a few years I went out to nightclubs and probably drank too much.

79. Life goes on. It can throw you a curve ball, but I have learned to get on with it.

80. Look, if you're on a desert island and you haven't had sex in a while, what can you do about it? Other than pleasure yourself. Of course.



81. Maybe Rod will see the children while I'm away. I think he's touring at the moment.


82. My children, I put them above everything, but here I am working on this programme and they are in LA. I miss them terribly.

83. My children's life is at home. That's where their friends are.

84. My parents' relationship could be explosive.

85. My sister Jacqui and I used to go out in the yard and play with our animals. We had all these dogs and I used to run around with them.


86. My sister told me she hadn't done it for a year. I thought that was a little long.




87. People say I was the love of Rod's life.

88. Poor Liam, my son, is surrounded by women. I want to give him some sense of balance - women being strong, but reinforcing the fact that women are also sensitive.

89. Rod was that much older than me. He knew himself very well.


90. Tell me what time and where you want to meet me. That's what I need from a man.





91. They found twelve stylists from all walks of life who were taken through a variety of tasks to see if they have what it takes to be a stylist.

92. We were shooting in South Africa, and all of a sudden, I saw this snake come out of nowhere. It ripped underneath the truck. This thing was big, like six feet long.

93. We've both moved on. I respect Rod. I was with him for a long time, so I'm not going to be mean about him. We had a very good marriage.


94. When my son Liam starts dating, I will be hell. The scary part is, you know how manipulative women can be.


95. When you do luck out on guys, it's worth it.



96. When you've met the right person, it all flows.

97. With men you either fight it, join it or accept it.

98. Women had to be strong and take the lead all the time, even arranging a date, and because of that we've sacrificed a lot of the romantic side.

99. You can't really expect a 22-year-old girl to react the same way as a man 24 years older than her. (on life with Rod Stewart.)


What do you think of Rachel Hunter's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts