Julia Roberts Quotes

1. If you love someone, you say it, right then, out loud. Otherwise, the moment just passes you by.







2. I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn't matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together.


3. I'm too tall to be a girl. I'm between a chick and a broad.



4. Republican comes in the dictionary just after reptile and just above repugnant.



5. My real hair color is kind of a dark blonde. Now I just have mood hair.

6. I don't get angry very often. I lose my temper rarely. And when I do, there's always a legitimate cause. Normally I have a great lightness of being. I take things in a very happy, amused way.


7. Love is not love, without a violin playing goat.

8. True love doesn't come to you it has to be inside you.

9. It's funny when people say: "I don't think Julia likes me." Honey, if I don't like you, you're going to know about it.

10. You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness.


11. I enjoy hats. And when one has filthy hair, that is a good accessory.






12. I love romantic comedies. I like to watch them and I like to be in them. It's something that's increasingly difficult to find that spark of originality that makes if different than the ones that come before.


13. I just want to make a point that it's not just great teachers that sometimes shape your life. Sometimes it's the absence of great teachers that shapes your life and being ignored can be just as good for a person as being lauded.

14. I wouldn't do nudity in films. For me, personally...To act with my clothes on is a performance; to act with my clothes off is a documentary.


15. My boyfriend keeps telling me I've got to own things. So, first I bought this car. And then he told me I oughta get a house. "Why a house?" "Well, you gotta have a place to park the car."

16. I've never had to pretend to be having sex with somebody. I'm like the queen of the foreplay dissolve.

17. Something that's such a joy in my life every day - cooking - is this incredible, horrific danger to women around the world.


18. The movie says: You can lose your job and your way and still rescue yourself. "Larry Crowne" creates a self-excavated utopia, and I love that idea, that message.


19. During the 80s and 90s, we all became consumed with ourselves. In the 21st century, we've come back to simpler times. People are struggling economically and this has forced them to scale back the material aspects of their lives and realize the beauty of finding the simple joy in being with the people we love.


20. A fever is an expression of inner rage.

21. Going to the theater is such a joyous experience. My dad would take my sister and me to plays when we were very young, like six or seven years old.

22. I can direct breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I take pride in my kitchen, but I'm not going to direct a movie.


23. I cannot absorb living in a world where I have an Oscar for best actress and Denzel doesn't have one for best actor.

24. I could have been a dental hygienist with nothing bad ever appearing in print about me, but that's not how I've chosen to lead my life. I knew that you put yourself under a microscope the more famous you become.

25. I couldn't be an ingenue today, because the business has changed. I remember when you could dress for a premiere just by putting on a cute top. Now you have to be perfect and fabulous in every way, or you're ridiculed.


26. I did get to keep the wedding dresses from "Runaway Bride". They're all boxed up in my garage. I've never opened them. It'll be fun one day when Hazel is taller. She can play dress-up with her friends.



27. I don't think I realized that the cost of fame is that it's open season on every moment of your life.

28. I just have a great life. I know great people. I've had great relationships - all different kinds of relationships. I am so lucky to be on the little golden path that led me to all this.


29. I never really did years of movie-after-movie-after-movie but when you've got three toddlers in the house you're performing all day long, anyway, with puppet shows and stories - I act around the clock.



30. I think enough cannot be said for what you can discover through literature. So I think that was probably my most valued characteristic as a teenager.


31. I think less is more when it comes to kissing in the movies.


32. I'm an utterly average, total geek. 


33. I'm definitely a practicing Hindu.

34. I tried Botox one time and was permanently surprised for a couple of months. It was not a cute look for me. My feeling is, I have three children who should know what emotion I'm feeling at the exact moment I'm feeling it...that is critical.


35. I'm just an ordinary person who has an extraordinary job.






36. If all you have to offer is a look that is supposed to be appealing, then you are going to be paid attention to about a tenth as long as you would be if when you speak you are interesting.


37. It's unfortunate that we live in such a panicked, dysmorphic society where women don't even give themselves a chance to see what they'll look like as older persons. I want to have some idea of what I'll look like before I start cleaning the slates.

38. In essence, I owe my career to Garry Marshall. There was no known reason for him to hire me for "Pretty Woman."


39. Let's get a couple of things straight. It hasn't been years and years since I made a movie. I'm not coming back from the dead - I've just had two kids! I have no intention of retiring, but I do think it's impossible to do movie after movie, because there aren't that many good films made.

40. Light and funny has a more compelling quality when you're younger. But I haven't abandoned the genre: I love falling down; I love Lucille Ball. It's just that a lot of those stories revolve around problems that I can't convincingly portray at this age.

41. Los Angeles is such a town of show business, and I'm a terrible celebrity. I find it difficult - it's the beast that must be fed. There's this big wheel of pictures and articles that goes around, and you get pinned on it.


42. Making movies is not rocket science. It's about relationships and communication and strangers coming together to see if they can get along harmoniously, productively, and creatively. That's a challenge. When it works, it's fantastic and will lift you up. When it doesn't work, it's almost just as fascinating.

43. Patchouli has always been a part of my fragrance, like a line through my life.


44. My mom used to make everything. She had a great garden and composted and made everything from scratch - peanut butter, bread, jelly, everything. I don't know how she did it because all those things take time and love and labour. I only do half the stuff she does - but there's still time.

45. People talk about this Julia Roberts almost like it's a cup of Pepsi. People think Julia Roberts is something they created. The fact is, 26 years ago, there was this scrunched-up little pink baby named Julia Roberts. I am a girl, like anybody else.

46. Show me a person who doesn't like to laugh and I'll show you a person with a toe tag.


47. Seeing Shakespeare in the Park, for me, it's just this side of feeling like you've witnessed some kind of magic. It's this spell that you're under, to be part of that!



48. "Snow White" is an old fairy tale, so obviously the idea of vanity and obsession with youth is long-standing. With today's science, people have become crazy with trying to move their face around. It's bizarre.


49. The older you get, the more fragile you understand life to be. I think that's good motivation for getting out of bed joyfully each day.


50. They say I can open movies, and that's nice in that it puts into people's minds that women can do it. It's not just Kevin Costner, not just Arnold Schwarzenegger. Not just the guys.

51. We all need to take a deep breath and think about being a Bush daughter and having that cross to bear. I'd go out and have a couple of drinks too.


52. When I was a child I had a crush on Abraham Lincoln. Why I would choose to reveal this, I know not.

53. Why is it so weird that somebody didn't recognize me? The fact is that whenever I meet somebody, I say: "Nice to meet you. I'm Julia."

54. You can be true to the character all you want but you've got to go home with yourself.


55. When you've got four people to get dressed to get out the door you don't really spend a lot of time on yourself. But that's the way I roll anyway. I was never one to do my hair and make-up just to go to the market, so it's not that much different. If I get a little eye cream on, I feel I'm ahead of myself.

56. Your face tells a story and it shouldn't be a story about your drive to the doctor's office.


57. The red carpet is just terrifying, awful. It's scary out there, but it's nice.

58. The first time I felt I was famous was when I went to the movies with my mom. I had gone to the loo, and someone in the bathroom said in a very loud voice: "Girl in stall No. 1 were you in Mystic Pizza?" I paused and I said: "yeah that was me".


59. Pretty Woman had a profound effect on my life, so I have an incredible affection for that movie. But it's like picking your favorite friend, it's impossible. There are different reasons to love all of my movies.

60. There's one little room in my house which is filled with all my clutter and bits and pieces. My sewing machine is up there, and all my knitting stuff. It's a place where I can go to relax and unwind. I don't get to spend a lot of time up there, but at least I know it's there.


61. The body is a great machine and it knows how to take care of itself. I think more often than not the things we do to our skin or our bodies can hold it back from doing its proper job.


62. People came up: "I thought you were 6 ft tall." I'm average height - 5 ft 8 ins, skinny blonde. One guy says to me "So, where's the fox from Mystic Pizza?"


63. On my best day, I am a seven-point-seven. I could be a hard eight if I felt great. If I went on a good run and had on my best pair of jeans, I could feel right on the money.





   
64. (From 1998 interview) I've sort of grown into my cuteness.

65. (on forgetting to include the real-life Erin Brockovich-Ellis in her Academy Award acceptance speech) It doesn't bring out the Einstein moment that you hoped it would.


66. You know I'm like a total geek, right? First of all, I sit on the set and knit. It's a very social hobby, as opposed to reading at work - I can chat with people and still be fully engaged.





67. (talking about President George W. Bush) He's embarrassing, he's not my president. He will never be my president.

68. (on the essence of her job) I get dressed up like a doll, a nice man puts lipstick on my lips and I say words - it's deeply satisfying.


69. (on why she will never do a nude scene) I just don't feel that my algebra teacher should ever know what my butt looks like.



70. I think it's dangerous to talk in the big generalities of sexism and ageism and face lift-isms. You really have to speak only from your own experience. And my experience so far has been ridiculously nice. Yeah, do the boys get paid more? Yes. But do we all get paid too much? Yes. I'm confused at what I'm supposed to complain about.


71. It's heaven truly…we were rehearsing one day, and we had just moved into the theater and it was dark out here, and I was on stage, and all of the sudden, I hear: "Mama!" And Hazel had come in and in the dark just to hear this little voice, and it's incredibly amazing.

72. I think one of the smartest things I ever did for my career was not working for two years in the early 90s. I was being offered a lot of different movies but I just didn't see the point of any of them. People would say to me "How can you just be passing on all those things?" And my response was: "Tell me a movie you've seen in the past year that I should have made."


73. (On her success - People Magazine) I'm just a girl from a little town in Georgia who had this giant, absurd dream.




74. I guess what I like the least about this is would be that there doesn't seem to be too much interest or room for the simple truth.


What do you think of Julia Roberts quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts