Andrew Garfield: "Famous People Scare Me"

Andrew Garfield speaks out about stardom and Emma Stone in a new Associated Press interview.

Garfield, 29, is asked what it was like to collaborate with Jamie Foxx, who portrays the villain Electro.

"Famous people scare me," Garfield is quoted as saying, adding: "I get really nervous around famous people. I overcompensate (with) how unimpressed I am, which is completely and utter rubbish. So I'm a fan."


Garfield claims: "But of course, with someone like Jamie who's not only this presence, but such an incredible talent, multitalented, who I've been a fan of for ages, is just a great man, a great person, and a gentle, kind, good soul and good spirit, and then suddenly it's like, let's shoot some hoops, have a chat, meet his daughter."

"It's that weird myth of fame, of actors and musicians or whatever being any different from anyone else," Garfield notes, explaining: "It's that weird thing that I still (get) excited: Oh they're on a pedestal, they're better, they're better, they're just better. It's just not the truth. I love busting that myth any chance I get."



As for working with real-life girlfriend Emma Stone, Garfield is careful not to acknowledge their off-screen affair. He states: "She's a great gal, and, as we all know, a singular talent, like a completely unique, singular talent."


"She just was born like a purebred, in terms of you just say "go" and she goes," Garfield continues, adding: "It's infuriating because I can't keep up with it. So it's beautiful to work with such an incredibly talented and wonderful person."




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts