Lady Gaga Reveals Broken Hip And "Applause" Cover Art: "I'm Not One Icon. I'm Every Icon"

Lady Gaga is best known for sharing the news with her fans, but it seems she has been keeping a big secret.


Gaga, 27, didn't just have a labral tear when she canceled her tour this year to undergo surgery. In fact, she had a broken hip.

"Nobody knew, and I haven't even told the fans yet," Gaga revealed in a new interview - her first since the medical ordeal - with Women's Wear Daily.


Mother Monster continued: "But when we got all the MRIs finished before I went to surgery there were giant craters, a hole in my hip the size of a quarter, and the cartilage was just hanging out the other side of my hip. I had a tear on the inside of my joint and a huge breakage. The surgeon told me that if I had done another show I might have needed a full hip replacement. I would have been out at least a year, maybe longer."

Luckily, Gaga didn't have to be out of the spotlight for too long, and embraced the "six months to beef up my brain and my body," using the time to conceive - and reconceive - her latest music project "ARTPOP".

Asked about the sound of "ARTPOP", Gaga explained: "I'll tell you that it is very fun. And that it's full of happiness, because what I'm saying in the song essentially is that I live for the applause. I live for the way you cheer and scream for me. Give me that thing that I love. Put your hands up, make them touch."


"Applause" is the title of the first "ARTPOP" single, slated to be released next month, a song that Gaga states stems from her relationship with her Little Monsters.




"In my heart of hearts as I was writing, I knew that if I asked (the fans) to cheer for me before I sang or if I alluded to the fact that they would cheer for me before I sang...They do that all the time for me; before I even open my mouth, the fans start cheering for me," Gaga noted.


"And so this exclamation: "Give me that thing that I love. Give it to me. I'm ready, start the music,"" Gaga stated, adding: "I'm from New York. I've worked since I was a five-year-old to be a performer. All my life. I deserve to be here. I'm ready."





Gaga shared with the publication the cover art for "Applause," a still from its accompanying music video, suggesting that observers shouldn't read too much into it, and saying: "This is one jacket. This is one image. This is one moment. This is one  statement."


"(I'm not) defined by the same designer or defined by the same hair cut or defined by the same icon," Gaga was quoted as saying, claiming: "The statement is that I'm not one icon. I'm every icon."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts