Kerry Washington's Husband Nnamdi Asomugha Retires From NFL

Kerry Washington's husband Nnamdi Asomugha revealed his retirement from the NFL on Friday.


The football player officially announced his resignation after signing a one-day contract with the Oakland Raiders, whom he played for 2003-2010.


"I've been blessed. I've had a fortunate, successful career in the NFL. A long career," Asomugha said at a press conference on Friday afternoon.

Asomugha continued: "I'm grateful for all the teams that I've played for, the fans, the organizations, the front offices, the list goes on and on. Just to have the opportunity to play in the NFL, I think it's the biggest dream come true for me."


Asked why he is calling it quits now, Asomugha claimed: "I think just know when you know…You know, life happens. You start getting these feelings like: "I think it's time.""


Washington, 36, and Asomugha, 32, are set to welcome their first baby next spring.



The couple secretly tied the knot in June.

According to reports, Washington was not at Asomugha's announcement.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts