Selma Blair Quotes

1. I have no fears when it comes to my hair or clothes.

2. (on performing in "Hellboy II") I loved being surrounded by monsters and I guess it goes back to my childhood. I loved fairy tales - Aesop's Fables, Grimm's Fairy Tales. I was a big fan of Little Matchstick Girl.


3. My first crush was Spock. I thought it didn't get any better than Spock.








4. I have three sisters, that's it for the family.


5. (on husband Ahmet Zappa's noteworthy proposal) I said: 'I need something to make sure that this is real, a Ferrari or something, and so he gave me a highlighter pen. It was a yellow highlighter pen...He told me that his father, Frank Zappa, had asked his mother to marry him with a pen".

6. I have very little faith that I'll ever find someone. I've had some bad luck and I've made some bad choices - not in men, but in how I've chosen to deal with relationships.


7. I love to laugh and well, who doesn't?


8. Part of me would love to have been a leading lady because there's a lot of glamour that goes with that and a lot of applause, but I've been very blessed.



9. I go from being hugely hopeful and entertaining to…really not. I'm not manic depressive, but I can really go to the darker side.

10. (on her Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week diet) This is why I can't lose my baby weight, because I ate crepes, I ate French toast, I ate an ice cream cone, I had french fries, and three hamburgers! Then I'm going to go and have a full dinner with my son. Then I'll go out again tonight.

11. (on baby Arthur) The only time he cries is if he's hungry. We all have nipples. I don't care who I offend; my baby wants to eat. If I can't get a cover over me quick enough, so be it.


12. I put my foot in my mouth every time I'm interviewed.


13. Perhaps I have managed some sort of longevity because I haven't won the lead roles. I don't have the pressure of being a world-famous bombshell that has detonated.





14. I think we all feel like misfits when we open our mouth sometimes, you know?

15. I have no ego, I'll make fun of myself, and I'll make fun of being humiliated. I get it.


16. I never want to be a showoff or attention getter or something that, truthfully, is kind of repulsive to me, but I get uncomfortable.



17. I think getting married gave me a focus. It gave me a focus and direction I want to have in my life. And I think having another person that you make such a purposeful bond with has given me the opportunity to see how that can be with all the other aspects of my life.


18. I was a smoker for about 20 years.

19. (on what 2-year-old son Arthur will dress as for Halloween) We'll get him a foam finger and a hot little pair of panties.


20. It's fun to go to the movies and be scared.

21. I went through a period of pulling away from everything - acting, people - not sure if I would ever have a voice in this business.

22. It was like I had a baby and I suddenly started to feel I could play anything.


23. I'm pretty much a loner and I've lived under the radar.

24. I'm not one of these people that's like, I can eat whatever I want, whenever. I'm like, no I need a tight leather dress to keep all those hamburgers in, and I got one!

25. It's fun to play mom. Last I knew I was playing a 17-year-old who graduated.


26. I'm open to anything. I would love to play someone completely off the wall.





27. I'm a working actress able to make choices based on characters rather than what I "should" do for my career.

28. I used to wear a lot of red lipstick, and when I got a pimple, I'd cover it up with eyeliner to turn it into a beauty mark.


29. My mother dressed me always very conservatively.





30. Someone said I could pull off a plaid stair runner. Impressive.

31. I'm flat chested, I'm short, I'm brunette, I have droopy eyes, and so people have a hard time casting me as a "beauty."


32. If I get married, it's something you really have to work at. It's hard enough to work at having a relationship with best friends and girls that are in the business.



33. The problem with paparazzi is that it makes you question your boundaries, like, how do I say: "That's enough guys?"


34. Jason Lee made me laugh all the time because he's so big, and I love how goofy bodies can be.


35. In high school I would mess with my hair and makeup all the time.

36. I think Vegas is the answer for pregnant people because of insomnia. It's open all the time and you go down and play your silly slots.

37. I think I'm under the radar enough where I don't think I'm typecast as anything yet, so I'm pretty free and clear.


38. I don't get to say that enough anymore. I really haven't said it in days.





39. I'm one of those hovering mothers and I know it's really important to have an independent child, so I'm trying to back off, but it's hard. I love him so much, and he's so funny and cute to me.


40. God knows, I never want to hurt someone's feelings.

41. I think it's been confusing for people because I haven't had a linear career.

42. A wedding is such a girl thing.

43. I don't wanna play Karen. I just don't. I've kind of done this.


44. I will do almost anything for the sake of a joke or for the sake of someone's real belief in something to help tell a story. I will not do something shocking for the sake of being nasty. If it's not hurting anyone's feelings, I'm in on the joke.


45. I think I'm more approachable with long hair. When it's short, I come across as being artsy and weird.


46. I played teen roles until high definition came out, and I could never understand it. I would go in for adult roles and be older than many of the people auditioning, but they'd cast the girl without a line on her face.


47. I can't afford security. I can't afford a gated house. So, I feel a little vulnerable. I wish some laws would come into play.


48. I don't like slugs and tentacles and calamari or anything. Actually, tentacles made me turn into a vegetarian in high school. I'm not anymore, but in high school, we were dissecting squid.

49. Bathroom humor, fart, and poo poo humor in movies gets a laugh. It's a pretty easy audience, and that's been around for ages.


50. I do turn down things that I feel aren't right for me, like when it's some kind of adolescent thing that might typecast me, but I'm not worried about it.




51. I don't always know how to communicate. I think I get a bit unfiltered and a bit strange to people.

52. My sister, I have a sister who's 12 years older, she was always the party girl, the outrageous one.


What do you think of Selma Blair's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts