Lake Bell Quotes

1. I think that didn't help my fear. They're not necessarily mean things (that are found), but there's just such an unknown world there.  



2. There are a lot of funny people and a lot of unfunny people. Some of them are women and some of them are dudes.


3. I'm not a fan of science fiction, personally.


4. You can literally lose a job, lose a potential boyfriend. The sound of someone's voice is very powerful.

5. Filmmaking is a huge privilege; it's not brain surgery. It's art, and art is supposed to be an enjoyable process, and it is an enjoyable experience for me.


6. I'm not a big fan of the ocean because I'm scared of what lies beneath.

7. I like my body, I like to have fun with what I put on, but I also want to remain classic. So I guess my signature is sexy and eclectic but classic.

8. We know more about the face of the moon than we do about the bottom of the ocean.


9. You have to keep hobbies in L.A. Otherwise, it's sad.

10. I am lactose intolerant, and I always thought it was really funny how people who are lactose intolerant continue to eat dairy, because they like it so much. And I find it not acceptable.

11. I don't like being preached to. So the last thing I wanted to do was preach to my audience about anything.


12. I find the female tragedy of insecurity to be hilarious. We get obsessed over issues like the tiny skin tags on our backs or that we're fat. You read one line in a magazine and it sends you into a tailspin.



13. I'm vegan on home base, but when I travel to other countries, I throw it all into the garbage.


14. I think coming to work and being absurd and neurotic and thoughtful at the same time is far more interesting.

15. In the same way that a Tampon commercial should be voiced by a woman because you're asking women to buy it, shouldn't female-driven movies or movies that are dedicated to women have a female voicing them?


16. I love fashion. I always have. When I was a kid, I was in almost full-on costumes when I went to school, and I've retained a bit of that in my adulthood.

17. I had done so much homework before calling "action" on that f-ing movie.


18. But I'd say "How to Make It in America" is the most accurate depiction of the New York hipster community on television for sure.



19. (in "Boston Legal" audition) I completely bombed the audition...I was insecure, stopping and starting. I went to the bathroom and cried.


20. I always think of filmmaking as an athletic sport. You've got teammates and you've got to wear comfortable shoes.





21. My dad's a Jew and my mom's a WASP, so that should pretty much say it all. It was a comically dysfunctional family.


22. I have this necklace I always wear. I collect pendants from people I love; my best friends and members of my family have all given me one, and I put them on this chain so no matter where I am they're always with me.


23. I'm like, I was in a preppy boarding school, so yes, let's go with that story.


24. I did accents and funny voices for the family when I was growing up. I'm passionate about the sexy-baby vocal virus affecting a generation of women. The two things that hit you when you meet someone are, first, how they're visually put together and then, what they tell you with the tone of their voice - whether or not they're to be taken seriously.


25. In a way, I think I am more novel in my absence of tattoos.



26. Actually, in my own life I think I probably feign neuroses to be more interesting than I am.


27. (as writer-producer-director of "In a World…") Being willing to outsource all of your creative decisions, especially to a first-timer like me, is very ballsy. I had no other choice than to make it the way I made it. And I felt very supported in that. When you write and direct your own film you basically know exactly what you want. Or you hope to. For the studio, it actually can make life a little easier, because if you have a bunch of questions they only need to call one person.

28. Scott and I spent a whole night painting bad fake Keith Harings. Heath Karing, I guess. We both did fake Picassos.


What do you think of Lake Bell's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts