Paula Deen: "My Words Hurt People" (VIDEO)

Paula Deen stopped by the "Today Show" on Tuesday, where she talked about the racism scandal that jeopardized her kitchen empire last year and expressed her regret for the damage she did.


"Words are so powerful," Deen, 67, told Matt Lauer, 56, noting: "They can hurt. They can make people happy. Well, my words hurt people."


Deen went on: "They disappointed people, and frankly, I disappointed myself. And for that, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for the hurt that I caused people, because it went deep".

When Lauer revealed that Deen had difficulty even seeing a video from her touching June 2013 "Today" interview at the height of the controversy, Paula declared: "I looked at none of it, I didn't recognize that woman. That was a woman in trauma, in shock, trying to understand what had happened."


"I probably should not have been here," Deen explained, adding: "I probably should have been at home, maybe even under the care of a doctor."

Deen's sons Jamie and Bobby made an appearance alongside Deen, who is beginning her own subscription-based online network in a comeback bid.


Check out the video below... 



Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts