Toni Collette Quotes

1. I try to play real people who inspire me through something in their journey.


2. Cameron and I actually do wear the same size. It made it very easy for the wardrobe department.



3. Now that I know her, I admire her even more. She's a really great down-to-earth lady who's really opinionated, strong, warm...She's a living legend.





4. Sometimes it was so quiet, it's frightening. It really prioritizes things.


5. I'm glad that it was so physical and so isolated.










6. I expected her to be a little more airy-fairy, but she's not. She's really grounded. She's a very matter-of-fact person, actually.


7. I grew up watching a lot of American television and so the American sound has been in my psyche somehow for a long time and is quite familiar and so that does make it easier.

8. We grew closer than actors usually do with co-stars - at least female co-stars.



9. Being in the desert was brilliant and it was hard.


10. I'm an actor not a movie star. I prefer it that way. I think when you watch big stars on screen; it's really difficult to look beyond that very familiar persona. As an actor, you can play different characters and not be recognized. I know I've got parts that other bigger, more famous actors wanted. I think in some cases their fame is a hindrance because they're too identifiable.


11. Who wants to wear heels on a day like this.


12. My family, my relationships with my friends, my home and my music are the most important things in my life. I like being married, but it was never something I felt I had to do. Women in the States seem to think "I gotta meet a man, I gotta get married". I don't get that, I was getting on with my life and having a great time. I really did not expect to meet my husband and it was probably the best surprise of my life. It is everything, it's fun, comforting, it makes me feel so safe and centered.

13. There are actors who are really fantastically talented at being natural on screen and appearing to be themselves, but I like the challenge of becoming somebody else.





14. I think that the Japanese culture is one of the very few cultures left that is its own entity. They're just so traditional and so specific in their ways. It's kind of untouched, it's not Americanized.


15. When I go to see a movie, if I can't engage emotionally then it doesn't affect me and I can't get anything out of it. When you look at a movie that doesn't reflect your reality (time after time), eventually you're going to get tired and pick up a book.

16. I kind of realized I could sing, so I played around with that for a while. And that led me to acting in itself, which I came more passionate about by the age of 15.





17. I don't understand why I do what I do. I don't understand why I act anymore. But I do know that I love it, and that I find it really interesting and satisfying to enter into other worlds and explore different ways of thinking.


18. I don't try to live the life of my character but I think it's inevitable that there is some carry-over into your life.




19. Now I say I actually, really will never do it again.


20. I'm very happy with my lot. I like the variety I get. You don't want to spend your life repeating yourself. It's true of any kind of artist, you want to explore as wide and far as you can go, so that's what I've been trying to do.

21. People are so fearful about opening themselves up. All you want to do is to be able to connect with other people. When you connect with other people, you connect with something in yourself. It makes you feel happy. And yet it's so scary - it makes people feel vulnerable and unsafe.

22. Also, I think having a musicality about me that helps in identifying different things in languages and getting them right.

23. Travelling's so much better when you know you've got a lovely home to go back to.

24. I don't mind where I work, it's really nice to be able to travel around and taste the flavours of different countries.


25. Both of the girls learn about how the other lives, learning about how the other person is in their shoes. Also the journey they're both going on, even though it appears to be different, is very similar in that they're coming to learn how to be in their own shoes.

26. The better you know yourself, the better your relationship with the rest of the world.








27. We were just covered in dirt the whole time. It was so hot - and that was in winter. I can not imagine what it's like in summer and how the people who actually live out there survive.


28. I've always been a working actor. Big difference. I'm not interested in promoting myself or being famous. Don't get me wrong, I like getting tables at restaurants that have been booked out for months. But I don't want people to identify with me instead of the character I'm playing.

29. Sometimes life hits you on the head with a saucepan. But I'm not here to talk about saucepans.


30. As a human being, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. It's just that you're blown out of proportion in the media sometimes. Even if I weren't an actor, I'd still be active in things that are important to me.

31. I don't know that I want to do it forever. When it gets too much, I just walk the beaches of Sydney and get calm again. You just grab your surfboard, splash in those waves and feel happy to be alive. That's what really matters.

32. An accent in a way can be an entry into a character.


33. It's about loving and letting go. I think it's about family and those relationships that are incredibly joyous and incredibly intense and confronting. It's about people learning to be comfortable in their own skin.

34. I find it strange that actors are on the covers of magazines. When I watch a movie, someone's beauty isn't what engages me, it's what's going on internally. And I imagine it's what the audience thinks, too.

35. I love kids, so working with them wasn't a problem.


36. I was over the moon. I know it's just a job, but it's become one of a handful of filming experiences which has become somehow bigger and more important in my life.



What do you think of Toni Collette's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts